- All currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students in any division at Washington University may enter. Keep in mind work composed at the end of the previous Spring semester is eligible on the following terms: for example, work composed, and not previously submitted, by a Junior in a Spring 2016 class may be submitted for 2017 prizes that include or are limited to Juniors.
- The deadline for entries is March 17, 2017.
- Submit using the online entry form. If unable to do so, bring entries to the English Department Office, Duncker Hall, Room 116.
- One entry per contest per person – do not use same entry for more than one contest
Use 8.5x11 paper
Use separate entry form for each contest.
Do not put your name on the entry. (To ensure confidentiality, each entry is assigned a number.)
- Poems and stories published in periodicals other than student periodicals are ineligible. Poems and stories under consideration for publication are eligible.
- Winners will be notified via email.
- Email EnglishAward@wustl.edu with any questions.